Wednesday 30 April 2008

Communication

Communication is the theme for today. Actually this is something that has always been one of my weaknesses yet have tried, to no avail it would seem, to work on. Predominately my lack of communicating usually results in missed opportunities which is unfortunate yet something i have generally learnt to live with. However, my most cause for concern is certainly with regards to relationships. My lack of communication has proved almost disastrous.

I hold Communication as paramount to any healthy relationship but this fact appeared to have escaped my mind the past couple of days. Following an issue with my boyfriend, Brian, i decided remaining silent and refusing to budge from my stubborn stance was the road to pursue. What should have been a minor problem, if that at all, snowballed into an avalanche! Despite the fact that i felt horrendous for the past couple of days and just wanted to sort things out, neither of us did.

Thankfully things have been resolved, and a pact has been made to not let such a situation develop again. I just can't stop thinking that such situations should never develop in the first place as they can surely be avoided. I resolve to learn from this and try even harder to work on this problem as losing him would be catastrophic.

No comments: