Monday 4 August 2008

Taichung Shenanigans








This weekend saw an impromptu return visit to Taichung to see all my old friends who i haven't seen for such a long time and miss lots! George came along with me as well as my friends Lester and Daniel. As i didn't have to work on Friday we decided to leave on Friday afternoon. Daniel kindly drove us all to Taipei and we arrived in good time by about 7. We decided to have dinner at Chilis. Finally, i got the meal I have been looking forward to for ages! Cajun Chicken Pasta! It was just as good as i remembered, albeit a little pricey! Then George and I went to meet little Steve while Lester and Daniel went to met their friends. We then headed to Steve's place, which is very nice; wish i had a place like that! He kindly lent us a spare key and a room so we were basically free to roam which was great.



Freedom beckoned for the evening, it just had to be done! We got there at about 11 and met Willie, Erin, and Kyle. Although freedom has changed a lot and was not as good as it used to be, I think we more than made up for that with great people. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we all had a great time. I probably had one Long Island Ice Tea's too many due to my poor performance at drinking games. I'm really out of practice! We then headed to Scorpion afterwards and apparently I sang My Heart Will Go On by that horrific woman Celine Dion. I'm not sure what possessed me!! Glad that I have little to no recollection of the song, i can only imagine what a car wreck it was!



Saturday got off to a slow start, George and I didn't arise until early afternoon and slowly stumbled around the house for a couple of hours deviously deciding what to do for the rest of the day, we decided on Fingas as George had great recommendations about the place. Although I feel it's just an average place, it was good to eat there with friends again, and I'm sure George was satisfied. It was the first time to see Peter in a long time too! Afterwards, George, Kyle, Peter and I went bowling and then back to Kyles to relax.



To be fair, I think we would have stayed in on Saturday night but I really wanted to see the guys who I didn't get the chance to see on Friday. So we decided on Pig Pen! Although we didn't drink much it was great to see Daisy, Nell, Charity and some of the others again. Had a nice time there and then off to my old favorite breakfast store, how i miss that place!



We headed back to Taipei Sunday afternoon where George and I went for Cantonese food at a nice little place called Hong Kong. The rest of the evening was spent relaxing at home. Great weekend overall and was so good to see everyone again!

No comments: