Sunday 19 October 2008

A Terrible Week

This week started off uneventful enough but events were soon to take a rather nasty turn for the worst. For lunch on Tuesday I had some fried rice with chicken and fish. For the remainder of the day I was feeling fine until the evening when I suddenly felt extremely lethargic. I just put it down to overdoing it as I hadn’t had a nap that afternoon and it was the first time back at the gym for a while. However, that night my stomach began to feel bad and by the morning I knew something was up. I had a splitting headache, my stomach was churning and I felt like I just ran a marathon. All I wanted to do was get back into bed. However, I decided to brave work that morning. I was slow to say the least and it was a bit of a struggle but I managed it nonetheless. I headed home for lunch and slept the whole afternoon. When I woke up I felt worse than ever but still decided to head into work as the afternoon was going to be quite easy. On the way to work I threw up and the remainder of the day was a living hell, with hindsight I should have stayed at home but I made it anyhow. The next day the diarrhea hit me too. That was it, no school today, I phoned in sick and spent the entire day sleeping with intermittent visits to the bathroom, which was a hassle in itself. On Friday I was not feeling on top form but went to work anyway. Unfortunately, the symptoms continued right through the weekend too. Today was the first day I actually felt like eating again.

On top of this, I woke up on Saturday morning with a swollen upper lip that would have put Jackie Stallone to shame! It was hideous; I presume it was an allergic reaction to something I ate but have no idea what I could have been as I had eaten nothing out of the ordinary the past day. Luckily the swelling began to go down as the day passed but it was still noticeable until the next day. So this weekend was just one of recovering, my body seemed to have given up on me this week, I hope I am back to normal next week.

1 comment:

Cha Lai said...

Oh my goodness...