Tuesday 30 December 2008

Christmas and ChaiYi

Christmas was actually better than I expected it to be. As usual I had to work and it was a long day but I got up early on Thursday morning to give George his presents from Santa J then it was off to work. The day was spent trying to invent ways of getting out of actually teaching and doing anything besides. I found a wonderful craft activity whereby you make a reindeer out of your foot and hands. Not only was this time consuming but the kids loved it, fun all round!

In the evening George and I went to TGI’s for their special Christmas dinner. Despite a confusion among the staff which led to an unnecessary hold up, the dinner was great and of course the company was great too! We had salad, Chicken and shrimp, calamari, steak, chocolate brownie and cocktails. After that we headed home and I got my Christmas presents from George!

On Friday we went to Noah’s Christmas party at his house after work. To be honest I was feeling exhausted and drinking and resting for a while on top of that didn’t really help matters either. Therefore we only stayed for a couple of hours but was good to see the guys there and I had fun

On the weekend George and I went down to ChiaYi to visit his grandparents and mum. It was actually quite nice to get away from Taipei for a bit. Sometimes big cities can get a bit overbearing at times and it was a perfect retreat to get away from everything. His grandparents were very welcoming and his grandma cooked an insane amount of food for us, so sweet. I came back on Sunday evening while George stayed in Chaiyi to see his mum.

A nice few days, no its time to look forward to New Years!

No comments: