Wednesday 18 March 2009

My Birthday

Last weekend was my birthday, after a nice easy day at work on Friday, just 2 hours due to a kindergarten field trip, I picked up George from the station and we headed for dinner at Papa Giovanni’s. The food, albeit expensive, was fantastic, a lasagna and gnocchi later we headed for a movie at Vieshow. Due to lack of choices we, rather aptly, decided upon Friday 13th. It was truly awful in every way but who cares, I was with my baby and that's all that mattered.

On Saturday we headed to watch Slumdog Millionaire and then meet up with George's dad. Then it was off to Rock Oldies to celebrate my birthday with friends. Although the place had a cheek to call itself 'Rock' Oldies (I think country oldies would have suited more) it was nice to hang out and see everyone. Then it was off to Watershed for some drinks. No surprise that I got completely wasted and somehow ended up in a taxi without George heading to Fresh. As I was obvious way over the tipping point we headed back home when I finally met up with George again.

On Sunday we headed out for yet another movie, Watchmen, it was a lot better than I could ever have imagined and rather deep for a comic book adaptation. We then headed to the pasta place next-door for some more great food. It was a great birthday!

No comments: