Tuesday 14 July 2009

Anniversary Weekend

Last weekend (well the 12th to be exact) was our first anniversary. Can’t believe it has been a whole year since I first met George. I remember the first night at DaLiDa very clearly as if it were yesterday. In other respects, I can’t believe George has only been in my life just a year. It seems a lot longer in some ways.

Anyway, to celebrate we met after work on Friday, which unfortunately was much later than usual, 9:30 due to the kindergarten graduation performance. We met outside my school and headed to Din Tai Fong for dinner which was as good as usual and no waiting time! We then headed back home to relax and take it easy and exchange presents. I got George a necklace and he got me the Goldfrapp CD ‘Seventh Tree’

On Saturday we headed to Ximen to watch a movie at the Film Festival, Storm. For me, it was very interesting, a movie about the attempted conviction of a genocidal general during the Yugoslavian wars. Superb movie and highly recommended. We then took the new NeiHu line which only just opened to Miramar to check it out and try to get IMAX tickets for the new Harry Potter movie. Unfortunately it was fully booked. Then we headed back home to prepare for dinner at Capone’s. I have wanted to try it for a while and it certainly lived up to expectations. We had a platter for starters followed by a pizza and Gnocchi washed down with Mojito’s. It was great and certainly worth the money. We then headed back to crack open the champagne and relax at home. Sunday saw us get up late for lunch at the hot dog store near DaAn park and then to George’s house for a while. A great anniversary weekend, many more to come too!!

No comments: