Sunday 20 July 2008

Ranting and Raving

1) Summer camp.
Well that is enough to rant and rave about straight away! Getting up early every single morning is taking its tole but think i am slowly getting use to it. At least it gets me up early and i don't waste the day.

2) Picking out art activities that you know you are bad at.
Origami has always been one of my pets hates but i refuse to admit i'm that bad at it! Always up for a challenge, i thought i would roll it out once again. How can i be shown up by a bunch of 10 year olds? Seriously, how could i go wrong? How wrong could i be! It all started off so well with delicate folds and detailed instructions. What a high! I'm teaching Origami and it is going well.... What's that? A double-back-folded-reverse cross over? How did i miss that one? What on earth? Wait kids, bear with me here, i can do this, wait for it! Sit down, i can do this! Teacher? Doesn't it mean this? Everyone in the class is able to perform this intricate fold with ease whilst mine goes to pot. My seahorse now looked like something that could be mistaken for Michael Jackson's nose. Put them in the bin kids, this is just not working is it? Humiliated, i left class to spend the next hour trying to master the damn seahorse on my own. Failed misserably! To hell with you Origami!!

3) Gas Prices.
When i arrived in Taiwan i could feel up my scooters tank for less than NT$100. Now, it costs me at least NT$170. Damn oil prices!!

4) Talking to myself?
Am i going mad? Maybe this is the consequence of living on my own, but still.... Its not healthy, stop it!

Rant over! Feeling much better now :-)

No comments: