Monday 12 May 2008

Change in Lifestlye?

Reflecting upon my weekend i was just thinking about just how much my lifestyle has changed since moving to Taipei. In Taichung i was effectively out almost every weekend drinking to excess and even in the week on occasion. Although, looking back, i don't regret it because i had some great nights, I'm just thinking how glad i am that this is no longer the case. To be honest, i thought that giving up nights out would be difficult. In fact, it has not been an issue at all. I haven't missed it one little bit. I suppose in part this is due to me not actually knowing that many people in Taipei at the moment. However, also going out with someone who doesn't really drink has a positive impact to. I'm hoping that the main reason is that i'm just getting older and i don't really need to go out an drink every weekend anymore.

I really hope that this trend continues as it was surely bringing down my efforts to get fit and healthy. All those months of eating well and going to the gym were overshadowed by my drinking. This is not to say that I'm giving up drinking for good, God forbid! Just hope that my drinking can be less excessive and the intervals more intermittent.

Also, my work patterns could also prove to be beneficial if i can keep up this new routine. Having to work mornings ensures i am up at a reasonable hour everyday, i.e. 7:30 rather than sleeping in to the late morning or early afternoon. This new working schedule should ensure that i eat at the right hours to and have enough time to do everything that i want to do during the day. Let's just hope i can keep this up, something tells me its not going to be easy!

No comments: