Thursday 8 May 2008

"Let's get cracking tomorrow and let's have a drink tonight!"


London Mayoral results Overall results:

Johnson CON 1,168,738
Livingstone LAB 1,028,966
Paddick LD 878,097
Berry GRN 409,101

Known more for his bumbling, self-deprecating persona, along with his obscure sense of humor and startling flashes of instability than a serious politician. Nevertheless, Boris Johnson finds himself as Mayor of one of the great cities of the world, London. Probably more of a backlash against Labour than any firm conviction in the man himself, i believe this position to be an ideal outlet for such an eccentric figure. Contrary to the wide held cross-party belief that he is "an accident waiting to happen", i think we should place some quiet confidence in him. Despite his lack of experience and obvious concerns, he did manage to offend ethnic minorities, the poor and the entire population of Papua New Guinea in one fowl swoop, his election platform seems admirable. Twenty-four hour policing, revamping public transport, cycling, along with green initiatives are all plausible policies to pursue. With lines like these: "I think I was once given cocaine but I sneezed and so it did not go up my nose. In fact, I may have been doing icing sugar", "I have not had an affair with Petronella. It is complete balderdash. It is an inverted pyramid of piffle", "Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3", "Try as I might I could not look at an overhead projection of a growth-profit matrix and stay conscious"; the next four years is going to be anything but dull. I just hope my conviction in him is not proved wrong!

No comments: